State of Maryland Commission on Civil Rights met July 10.
Here is the agenda provided by the Commission:
•Call to Order- Shawn M. Wright, Esq.
o Roll Call (Present and via telephone conference)
o Review of Meeting Agenda
o Approval of Minutes (May, 2018 and June, 2018 meetings)
• General Counsel’s Report- Glendora Hughes
o “Effective Strategies for Legislative Advocacy in Annapolis from a Legislator’s
Perspective” by Maryland State Delegate Joseline A. Peña-Melnyk, District 21
• Executive Director’s Report- Alvin O. Gillard
• Deputy Director’s Report- Cleveland L. Horton II
• Assistant Director’s Report- Nicolette Young
• Education & Outreach Report- Tara Taylor
• Old/New Business- Shawn M. Wright, Esq.
o Legislative Strategy
o MCCR Strategic Plan
o Advisory Committees
o Officer Election Process
• Good and Welfare/Closing/Adjournment- Shawn M. Wright, Esq.