Wicomico County Council will meet on Tuesday, Oct. 30.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
John T. Cannon, President
Call Meeting to Order
Opening Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Legislative Minutes from October 16, 2018
Adjourn as Wicomico County Council and Convene as the Urban Services Commission
Approval of Minutes from September 10, 2018 – Kelvington and Hearn & Bailey Farm Street Lighting Project
Approval of Minutes from October 2, 2018 – Village Down River Sewerage System Control Panel
Adjourn as Urban Services Commission and Reconvene as the Wicomico County Council in Legislative Session
Public Hearings are scheduled for a specific time and will not begin prior to the designated time shown in the public notice, however, depending on the pace of the meeting and length of the previous subject matter, the start time may be delayed.
Laura Hurley, Council Administrator:
1. Public Hearing: Resolution No. 117-2018 - Authorize the County Executive to
Acquire 69 Acres of Land, more or less, located along the southwesterly side of U.S. Route 50, being shown on Tax Map 28 as Parcel Nos. 47 and 163, to be used for mining soil or any other use except as a Dump or Landfill of any kind or size - Mr. Weston Young, Assistant Director of Administration
2. Resolution No. 118-2018-Authorizing the County Executive to Accept Grant Awards from the Maryland Sports Amateur and Youth Grant Program in the Total Amount of $63,700 - Mr. Steve Miller, Director of Recreation, Parks and Tourism
3. Resolution No. 119-2018 - Confirming the Appointment of Lori A. Carter as Director for the Department of Planning, Zoning and Community Development – Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
4. Resolution No. 120-2018 - Confirming the Appointment of John R. Monar as Director for the Department of Information Technology - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
5. Submission of an Appointment and Several Reappointments to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
6. Resolution No. 121-2018 - Confirming the Appointment of David Ennis to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
7. Resolution No. 122-2018 - Confirming the Reappointment of Vaughn Wimbrow to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
8. Resolution No. 123-2018 - Confirming the Reappointment of Gary Boggs to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
9. Resolution No. 124-2018 - Confirming the Reappointment of William Turner to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
10. Resolution No. 125-2018 - Confirming the Reappointment of Joseph Morse to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
11. Resolution No. 126-2018 - Confirming the Reappointment of Tammy L. Adkins to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
12. Resolution No. 127-2018 - Confirming the Reappointment of J. Phillips Wright, Jr. to the Board of Appeals - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
13. Resolution No. 128-2018 - Declaring Property at 9765 Barren Creek Road, Mardela Springs, Maryland to be Surplus Property and Authorizing the Sale Thereof by Negotiation on Certain Terms and for a Minimum Compensation to be Received by the County - Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
Levin Hitchens, Assistant Internal Auditor:
Resolution No. 129-2018 - Accepting the Audit Report on the Recreation & Parks Escrow Accounts.
Robert Taylor, Council Attorney:
Introduction: Legislative Bill No. 2018-05 - Amendment No. 1: An Act to Amend and Transfer the Appropriation from Use of Prior Year Funds Account to the Transfer to Others Account in the amount of $254,758.15 in the Annual Budget for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2019.
Public Comments - Please limit all public comments to three minutes or less; any presented material may be submitted to Council members - Please include 10 Copies.
Council President’s Comments
Open Work Session:
Traffic Signs on County Roads – Mr. Paul Wilber, County Attorney
Closed Work Session:
Before a Contract is Awarded or Bids are Opened, To Discuss a Matter Directly Related to a Negotiating Strategy or the Contents of a Bid or Proposal, If Public Discussion or Disclosure Would Adversely Impact the Ability of the Public Body to Participate in the Competitive Bidding or Proposal Process.