Calvert County Board of County Commissioners met October 2.
Calvert County Board of County Commissioners met Oct. 2.
Here is the minutes provided by the commissioners:
1. Presented a certificate and monetary award to Michelle Langham, Risk Management Assistant for the Department of Human Resources, as Employee of the Month for September 2018. Michelle was recognized for consistently going above and beyond over the past year, as she tackled the task of updating the County’s Risk Management and Safety Manual.
2. Presented a proclamation declaring the month of October 2018, as Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Calvert County, urging all citizens to actively support efforts to end domestic violence and prevent harm to women, children, families, and our community.
3. Presented a proclamation declaring October 7 – 13, 2018, as Fire Prevention Week in Calvert County; calling upon all citizens to join in continuing education, with this years’ theme – “Look. Listen. Learn. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere.” being so important, which reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan, heed the important safety messages of Fire Prevention Week 2018, and support the volunteers and their efforts.
4. Appointed Bessie Y. Hoskins, from District 3, to the Commission on Aging.
5. Adopted the Calvert County Animal Matters Hearing Board By-Laws.
6. Rejected the sole bid for the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Services contract and authorized staff to enter into an intergovernmental agreement with Maryland Environmental Service.
7. In accordance with Section 6-101 of the Code of Public Laws, adopted staff’s recommended findings, and awarded the unit price contract for Mowing Services for Barstow Landfill for mowing only to the lowest responsible bidder, Windy Willow Farm Services LLC, Sunderland, Maryland.
8. Approved the Form CC-213 for the Community Rating System annual recertification and the Board President signed the form on behalf of the Board.
9. Approved Budget Adjustment (BA) #143 to move $25,000 from the Hall Aquatic Center Contingency account (784-1580-33100) and $4,000 from the Chemicals account (784-1580-27775) to the Maintenance & Repair Projects account (784-1580-28020), to replace the evaporator coil, the hot gas re-heat coils, and all expansion valves in the RSH Dectron Unit #PDU-2 at the Hall Aquatic Center.
10. Approved BA #90, in the amount of $76,185, transferring funds from the Safety for Students Program to cover the comprehensive, all-inclusive technology upgrade for the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office’s mobile command vehicle.
11. Approved the Calvert Barn Quilt Trail application, as coordinated by the County Attorney’s Office, and the Board President initialed on behalf of the Board, accepting the terms and conditions of the application.
12. Held a work session to review and discuss the proposed Fee Structure of the Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and directed staff to schedule a public hearing on October 23, 2018, to take action on this item.