Wicomico County Council will meet on Tuesday, Nov. 20.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
10:00 a.m. John T. Cannon, President
Call Meeting to Order
Opening Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Legislative Minutes from November 6, 2018
Approval of Open Work Session Minutes from October 2, 2018 - Connelly Mill
Approval of Open Work Session Minutes from October 2, 2018 - Proposed Animal
Approval of Open Work Session Minutes from October 16, 2018 - Federal, State and Local Funding for the Development of Pirate’s Wharf
Approval of Open Work Session Minutes from October 16, 2018 - Drainage Tax Ditches
Approval of Open Work Session Minutes from October 30, 2018 - Traffic Signs on County Roads
Proclamation to Recognize National Adoption Month – Danielle Brennan and Jami Truitt, Wicomico County Department of Social Services
Public Hearings are scheduled for a specific time and will not begin prior to the designated time shown in the public notice, however, depending on the pace of the meeting and length of the previous subject matter, the start time may be delayed.
Robert Taylor, Council Attorney:
Public Hearing: Legislative Bill 2018-05-Amendment No. 1 – An Act to Amend and Transfer the Appropriation from Use of Prior Year Funds Account to the Transfer to Others Account in the Amount of $254,758.15 in the Annual Budget for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2019.
Laura Hurley, Council Administrator:
1. Presentation by Shawna N. Kearsley, Director of Corporate and Community Relations Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art
2. Veto of Legislative Bill 2018-09 and Charter Provision for Council Reconsideration, Section 411-D
3. Submission of an Appointment to the Commission on Aging – Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
4. Resolution No. 132-2018 - Confirming the Appointment of Dennis W. Kilma, P.T., M.S., PH.D., G.C.S., N.C.S. to the Commission of Aging - Mr. Wayne
Strausburg, Director of Administration
5. Resolution No. 133-2018 - Declaring that First Move Properties, LLC is Eligible to Receive Enterprise Zone Benefits for Property Located at 132 E. Main Street, Salisbury, Maryland – Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration
6. Resolution No. 134-2018 - Declaring 1,690 Linear Feet of County-Owned
Property Known as Sixty Foot Road: From a Point 0.13 Mile South of MD 346, Old Ocean City Road, to the Intersection of US Route 50 as Surplus, and Authorizing the Conveyance of the Property to the State of Maryland to the Use of the State Highway Administration – Mr. Dallas Baker, Director of Public Works
7. Resolution No. 135-2018 (SM) - Extending the Date for Voting on Legislative Bill 2018-05-Amendment No 1 to Transfer the Appropriation from Use of Prior Year Funds Account to the Transfer to Others Account in the Amount of $254,758.15 in the Annual Budget for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2019.
Robert Taylor, Council Attorney:
Introduction: Legislative Bill No. 2018-12 - An Act to Provide in Chapter 77 titled “Roads and Improvement,” Article I, titled “General Provisions,” Section 77-1 titled “General Powers” that the Director of Public Works is authorized to install and maintain traffic control devices to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Public Comments - Please limit all public comments to three minutes or less; any presented material may be submitted to Council members - Please include 10 Copies.
Council President’s Comments Adjourn
Open Work Sessions:
1. Delmarva Shorebirds Update – Mr. Chris Bitters, General Manager
2. MS4 Permit Update – Mr. Dallas Baker, Director of Public Works
3. Status of Wicomico County Nursing Home and Cash Advance Loan of $489,320 to the Nursing Home’s Enterprise Account – Mr. Wayne Strausburg, Director of Administration, and Mr. James E. Crisp, CPA, Gross Mendelsohn
Closed Work Session:
1. To Consult with Staff, Consultants, or Other Individuals about Pending or Potential Litigation
2. To Discuss a Personnel Matter
The County Council reserves the right to close a portion of this meeting as authorized by Section 3-305(b)(1)(8) of the General Provisions Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland.